Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circular typed trace

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayhh27

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a question regarding keeping the length of line from an IC to FPGA the same. I want 4 different traces to be almost exactly the same length.
I am using the circular typed trace to make up the same length between each line.
Here is my example, my questionis is, is this kind of trace acceptable for parallel data line? Thank you.

Best regards,

RH

test.PNG

That's exactly what it's used for, when you want all the bits in a bus to arrive at the same time. You might also want to consider inductive effects, depending on your data speed.

Something else to consider: in Xilinx Virtex parts (and probably others) you can compensate for trace delays internally with a programmable delay on each pin so you don't have to worry about the traces so much.

Better to match the physical trace lengths, rather than add other complications to the overall design...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back