Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circular polarization slot antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

majed.shokri

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everybody
I have designed a slot antenna which has circular polarization in special angles( Θ= 90 and Φ= 270).
my question is that am I free to choose any angle to report the antenna's circular polarization?
or just at Θ=φ=0 it should be achieved?
I am using HFSS
Thanks

One way can be used, though i am not pretty sure.
Plot the peak Gain of your antenna for all theta and phi with respect to frequency.
Select the orientation of the maximum gain at your resonating frequency.
At this particular orientation, you will be using your antenna, and hence you should check the axial ratio plot v/s frequency at these theta and phi value.

Please!! corect me wherever i am wrong or suggest any other method.

Regards.

Hi ,

I am designing circular slot antenna ( fr = 475 MHz) on a cube of size 10cm(length) by 10cm (width) by 30 cm (height) cube. My square slot 'wraps around' the cube. I have also a parasitic slot at a distance of 170 cm from the first slot. I want to create the CP using this slot antenna. What is the best way to generate the CP using this design. I want to keep the design as simple as possible. I have excited the two adjacent sides of my slot antenna with two feedlines that are of magnitude 1 and 1<90degree. I am getting very nice CP using these two separate feedlines. But practically I will have to use power divider to make it work . I want to use some technique using striplines that has only one port and that may excite CP in this square slot antenna.

I will appreciate the quick response. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back