Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circular polarization at CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbvv

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Do the far field gain result at circular pole are consider as circular dBic or dBi ?

And if they are in dBi so I have to add 3dB for the polarization mismatch to get the real gain if I transmit and receive with both circular pole antennas?

CST calculates the gain as the total received power so it includes both Ex^2 + Ey^2. if you need the gain of horizontal polarization then select Phi pattern, and vertical select theta pattern (or vice versa according to your antenna orientation)

if they are in dBi, you are right, you should add 3dB to calculate the power received by a CP antenna. But this is accurate when the Axial ratio is very small ( and probably when the tilt angle is 45Deg but you need to check this)

best wishes,
Adel

bbvv

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Adel thanks for your advice :D
my AR is about 1.2-3 dB all over the pattern at 0,45,90 deg.

is there any feature to set the polaization to circular and to have the gain in circular mode dBic (+3dB) , for example in the right or left circular mode.

hi,

in the farfield tree icon, you have several options for plotting the field, one of them is RCP and LCP. Those give the gain if the receiver is RCP or LCP antenna. I think this is should be your dBic.

best wishes,
Adel

bbvv

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back