Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circular patch antenna design in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

gitanjalikalbhor

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
in hfss the gain that it shows doesn't get added up to the incident power.why?then what it's significance....
pls can anybody help me with this problem??

What do u mean by incident power here ?? is it input power ?? Isn't Gain a ratio and so is independent of input power that u give..

its a ratio i know that .. but i am asking that in HFSS the gain u get for an antenna doesn't get added up (in db) to your input power??
power radiated must be equal to your power input+ gain(in db)+ some losses... isn't it like that??

No it is no like that.. The calculations are to be done with respect to the input power but the input is not added in the gain value..!! Y dont u try simulating a structure with in put at port with 1 and check its gain, Do the same simulation with input increased to some 5 or 10 and check the results..!!

Regards..!!

assume i have given 10 db input power to an antenna which has a gain of 10db(assume).then the power radiated must be
Prad =10(input power)+10(gain)-1(Losses)=19 db isn't it like this(power is specified in db not in watt)

Agreed..!! I used HFSS long back so not sure but u give feed values in units of watts in HFSS. Ya ur Prad is correct, but we are trying to know what is gain here right..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back