Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circular microstrip patch antenna design with HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

akhanm

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
circular patch antenna design

Hi guys,

i have simulated rectangular microstrip antennas before, now i am looking for circular shaped one. How should i feed the patch? coax-prob needed or can microstrip line be used..
because circular MSA is not so populerly used antenna, i don't have document enough so then uploaded files will be pleasured

circular patch antenna hfss

Hello akhanm,

The Circular Patch model need to be fed by a coaxial line or probe from bottom as shown in the figure...For example
circular patch with Er=2.2,h=1.588mm,frequency=10GHz ,radius r=5.2492 mm

for equations & details on Circular Patch Antenna go through following book...
Constantine A. Balanis, " Antenna theory analysis and design" , john Wiley &
Sons second edition 1997 pp. 752-759

---manju---

Reactions: usrao75

akhanm

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

usrao75

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
patch antenna+hfss

Come on.... There are numerous circularly polarized examples in the literature. Try IEEE TAP. IRE will have many more. Most books on patch antennas will have chapters on the subject.

Look at the crop of GPS antennas in patch form. They are circularly polarized. Find an old one and cut it open to see how it may be accomplished.

Search or go to a good technical library.

design circular patch antenna

i have recently purchased thr Balanis book, thanks for advices

I need example for circular patch antenna on HFSS or CST

come on. if you have already simulated rectangular patch in HFSS, then what is the problem, i think in this forum you should discuss problem which means that you should at least try by yourself first and then ask for any problem.

For reference as to what should be the dimensions and all, please refer to Balanis Chapter-14 on microstrip patch antennas, where all the required values for simulations are clearly listed.

hope it helps.

Regards
Ashish

Dear All
I need your support to calculate parameter for Circular Microstrip Antenna in matlab.
a,ae,Gc,Gd,Grad,Qc,Qd,Qrad,Eff,Gain,D,etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back