Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit required to check the 12 V , 60 Amps battery on load i.e. Load Tester (meter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

munzir

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Circuit required to check the 12 V , 60 Amps battery on load i.e. Load Tester (meter) circuitry is required ?

thanks

60 Ampere hours is the batteries capacity. To test it you must simulate the sort of service you would expect in actual use. For instance if it for a car, it must be able to supply, 200A for 30 Seconds with a terminal voltage greater then 10.8V. Or if its for a UPS, then perhaps it should supply 2A for greater then 24 Hours with a terminal voltage greater then 11.5V
Frank

60 Ampere hours is the batteries capacity. To test it you must simulate the sort of service you would expect in actual use. For instance if it for a car, it must be able to supply, 200A for 30 Seconds with a terminal voltage greater then 10.8V. Or if its for a UPS, then perhaps it should supply 2A for greater then 24 Hours with a terminal voltage greater then 11.5V
Frank

For a car ....... What should be the circuit & what components required & their schematic ??

thanks

---------- Post added at 00:34 ---------- Previous post was at 00:22 ----------

**broken link removed**

would this circuit is able to load test a battery either for car engine cranking (12V & 60 Amps) or for UPS battery ?

thanks

The tester is meant up to 200A. The author says :
the shunt, yielded currents of 250 amp and 150 amp from a 12 volt battery. (I have not applied this to any 6 volt batteries yet, but it should work ok I think - after testing several batteries of different types and sizes you should get a "feel" for the battery tester. As it has only 2 current settings, by extending or reducing the time (to 20 seconds or 10 seconds) a more complete range of batteries can be catered for.)
250 Amps is huge quantity of current, needs skill to handle. And this is a best example, I do not think any other example is needed. If you study the article carefully, all your answers are in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back