Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit Issues - Tx/Rx Over Optical

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinite_gbps

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
circuit microwave tx/rx

Pictured is my setup.

What I am doing is transmitting a some Vpp signal through that diode, over fiber, and picking it up on the Rx diode. At any constant frequency I get a constant Vout/Vin.

The issue I am having is that when I keep a constant Vin (Tx) and change my frequency I get a changing Vout (Rx). As you can see it starts to level out. Vin (Tx) is 1.5 V and I start from 50 kHz to 500 kHz in steps of 50 kHz.

Why is this happening? What can I do to level this out? At what value, I don't really care just need Vout not to change like that and to be more constant. Doesn't have to be perfect.

Can I add some kind of RLC in line with the Tx Diode? Would that help? If so, what would it look like?

Uh....because you have the receiver hooke up wrong? Pin 6 is the DC voltage supply and pin 2 is the data output. Unless I am missing something, you have it hooked up like a two terminal diode. There is an active comparator inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back