Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit - IR sensor to read at <3cm distance (+10points)

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolslash

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ir distance sensor circuit

I want to make the IR receiver highly sensitive that i could detect the IR light across the DC motor DISC. it will have to generate a pulse when a cycle is completed.

+10points will be awarded to a person who provide early exact solution.
i need it to implement and show on this Monday.

infrared sensor cricuit

What you are looking for is a photointerrupter type circuit. There are a number of these from various manufacturers. Basically, they consist of an IR LED and a phototransistor mounted in the same package. This insures that they are always pointing at the same spot.
Operation is simple. Run DC current through the LED to produce a constant IR beam. When the beam hits a reflective surface, the reflected IR will saturate the phototransistor.
Below is a link to a sample part. While this part requires mounting on the edge of the disk, there are plenty of others that can work totally reflective.
http://www.ic-on-line.cn/IOL/viewpdf/TLP814_291117.htm

For a Monday demo, you are going to have problems getting parts. However, this type of photointerrupter is the favorite method of detecting reel motion in VCRs. If you have an old junk VCR, remove the reel hub and you will find this chip under them. Look at the underside of the reel hub and you will see the refective pattern that is triggering the sensor.

circuit ir distance

Thnx.
I will definitely try this and inform u if it works.
thnx again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back