Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit for the detection of uA current

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuftDerBlumen

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I need to measure the amount of current produced by the moving electrons resulting from the oxidation of glucose to gluconolactone catalyzed by glucose oxidase (This amount should be in the uA-range) do you know if there is a circuit to detect this current?

Thank you

Hi,
Check pls by Keithley: "PicoamMeter"...
K.
P.S.: Can you apply some higher voltages & do you wish self backed circuit or an equipment to buy pls?

Hi
For some ideas refer pls to "fig. 100":
**broken link removed**
Biologically closed electric circuits_clinical, experimental and ... **broken link removed**
K.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you will scale the circuit of Fig.8: ie to 1MOhm instead of 1GOhm=1V/uA, but it will have much higher speed as the typical circuits (i.e. from OPA 2381 datasheet)...
K.

Many many thanks for all your reply, it was really very helpful.
Best regards,
Chadha

Hi Duft...
What are you decided/selected to realize pls?
K.

karesz said:
If you will scale the circuit of Fig.8: ie to 1MOhm instead of 1GOhm=1V/uA, but it will have much higher speed as the typical circuits (i.e. from OPA 2381 datasheet)...
K.

Hi,

I just give example of the amplifier. If you need greater bandwidh you simply choose another trans-amp.

But you should be careful, because high bandwidh is not good when you don't need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back