Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit diagram for power supply Westfalia 267880 wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

pit

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
l146 regulator

Hello!

I am looking for a schematic for the power supply Westfalia Technica no. 267880.
This is a dual adjustable power supply delivering at each output up to 40 V and up to 5 A, with adjustable current limit.

Apparently it was manufactured in Russia (or another country which uses cyrillic letters).

The problem with the power supply is that one channel delivers 60+ V at its output. So I checked the output stage first (consisting of 3 transistors KT845G in parallel), they are all ok. The driver stage is also working, so I suspect the regulator IC. It looks similar to an LM723, but I am not sure.

The circuit is somewhat weird, the secondary voltage and the electrolytic capacitors beyound the rectifier is 60+ V, the plus line is directly connected to the output, the minus line is regulated over the power stage. So the regulator stage is a low side stage, pretty uncommon.

There is also a 15 V fixed voltage regulator, which appears to be working.

I would like to have a schematic to speed up the repair.

CU

how does a lm723 work?

For a 40 Volt output as standard the regulator is probably an L146 (or RU sim) which is similar to the LM723 but for a higher input voltage. The LM723 has a maximum input voltage of 40V and the L146 has 60 or 80V. The pin functions are the same so you can work around the IC like it was a 723 to establish what’s wrong. I assume it has a tracking circuit as well since it has dual outputs, this circuit must also be considered as a suspect!

I hope this helps!

lm723 80v

Hi
I have a circuit diagram for Westfalia 26788.
But it is old and in bad condition.
If you are still interested I will tray to scan it.

Heinz Hschwenk@GMX.net

Reactions: swayzee

pit

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

swayzee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back