Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuit design for automatic door security system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vizz

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
automatic door opening system circuit

Hi all,
can you pls help me out to get the circuit design of password based door security system.
here the door should only be opened if the password entered is correct else it should sound the alarm. i want to have the hardware circuit design with the specifications of each of the components on it.
pls reply me as soon as possible...

automatic doors circuit

u need a controller, a keypad, a lcd and if u want that password could changed then u need a eeprom for storing password if your controller doesnot have it on chip.

if u are used to with 8051 programming then i have some code and ckt diagram.

Finally u required some sort of electromechanical equipment to close and open the door u may use a solenoid type of thing.
or stepper motor.

i had a similar idea using a solenoid to open the door on keying in the correct password, but the problem is:

1) the doorlock is inside my room and hence the solenoid, while the keypad and microcontroller are outside, so i need to pass a thin wire which makes the whole thing look dirty and in other words insecure!!

2) secondly, i need to use a portable battery for the solenoid to account for its large current requirements.

anyone has a better idea, esp. to solve the first problem???

Hi electric doorlocks are sometimes using a small DC motor with gearbox, the DC motor only needs some 100 - 300mA for a few seconds..

Paul.

Code:
the doorlock is inside my room and hence the solenoid, while the keypad and microcontroller are outside, so i need to pass a thin wire which makes the whole thing look dirty and in other words insecure!!

U can made it wireless various 433mhz modules are available in cheap rates.

can someone provide more help regarding the wireless mode, i have no experience in it.

thanks

Reactions: karis

karis

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
regrading RF mode you need 1 Tx module and 1 Rx module you connect them via encoders and decoders as shown below..

switch--->encoder---->Tx Module

Rx module-----Decoder---->device to be controlled

i am giving you some links were you can get these modules and encoder/Decoders
RF Transmitter - 433 MHz for Remote Control [STT433] : Sunrom Technologies, Your Source for Development
RF Receiver - 433 MHz for Remote Control [STR433] : Sunrom Technologies, Your Source for Development
HT12D - RF Decoder [3132] : Sunrom Technologies, Your Source for Development
HT12E - RF Encoder [3131] : Sunrom Technologies, Your Source for Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back