Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

chopper stabilized opamp pss simulation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamxo

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vco pss simulation

from cadence help doc, it is said pss and pnoise can simulate chopper stabilized opamp noise.

so I use this to simulate my design. my design has an on-chip osc.

but when simulating, the pss function (oscillator) doesn't converge well, it often fails.

if I remove the osc circuit, and add an ideal clock, then the pss function works.

so, if I don't want to remove the osc circuit, and I want to simulate noise , how can I do with it ?

thanks all.

My osc frequency is low 100kHz, and the pss function often gets the fundamental frequency away from 100kHz, such as 46kHz, 60kHz.

the oscillator option is for real oscillator circuits which is not ur case, so u need to unselect it and put ur own clock generation model

safwatonline said:
the oscillator option is for real oscillator circuits which is not ur case, so u need to unselect it and put ur own clock generation model

but my circuit has an osc part, if I unselect the oscillator option, how did pss do with the circuit?

what do u mean by osc part? do u have something like ring osc. or vco ?

safwatonline said:
what do u mean by osc part? do u have something like ring osc. or vco ?

yeah, My circuit has a Gm-C oscillator, it supplies the clock signal. so, when I do pss simulation, I select the "oscillator" option, then it doesn't converges always, just like what I said before.

Status
Not open for further replies.