Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Choosing the best wirebound inductor for an ampilifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

An_RF_Newbie

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I need to know the best RF inductor (wirebound) for my AVA-183+ amplifier. I have seen this inductor(0603CS-3N3XJLW) it is a high Q inductor, would it be a good selection? I need to find the best inductor for my application and I will be grateful if you could help me.

0603CS-3N3XJLW from Coilcraft is a good choice for this application.

Hi,

"Best" regarding "what"?
Price, color, size, solderability, highest current, lowest DC loss, lowest AC loss, lowest distortion, widest frequency range
There are many more "best" qualities...

Klaus

Indeed. Color is on the second place of importance choosing an inductor...

If you're following minicircuit's recommended application circuit, then I guess you're talking about L1 which is just used as a DC supply choke. It's highly unlikely that the Q of that inductor is going to affect performance noticeably (assuming you're following the rest of the the circuit faithfully, that is).

Status
Not open for further replies.