Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

choosing of layer stackup???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabaleevisu

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI everyone,

i am new to design the high speed board.

i am going to design spartan 6 board now.i have dough in to select layerstackup in my design.in my schematic power , ethernet ,FLASH ,USB ,DDR SDRAM,SDCARD ,some peripherals are used .

anyone please reply me.

or contact this mail kabaleevisu@gmail.com

first decide how many layers you need . it is depends on your BGA pin counts and number of nets ,..then only we come to how many layers we can need..

First of all decide that how many layers you need, then focus to layer stack.
you may use this scheme signal-groung-power-signal-ground..... i.e. after each signal or power plane use one ground layer.

Download the book "BGA breakout and routing" from here
BGA Breakouts and Routing - Mentor Graphics
also as mentioned signal integrity comes into it these days, and controlled impedance etc etc the above book is a good basis for a lot of this information.
This book is also worth a look at:
The HDI Handbook

HI everyone,

i am new to design the high speed board.

i am going to design spartan 6 board now.i have dough in to select layerstackup in my design.in my schematic power , ethernet ,FLASH ,USB ,DDR SDRAM,SDCARD ,some peripherals are used .

anyone please reply me.

or contact this mail kabaleevisu@gmail.com

High speed PCB boards must have a minimum of 4 layers because it provides better EMI protection than 2 layer and on top of that, check the IC package if it is possible to route in a 4 layer board. If it is not possible go for a 6 layer board. Cost difference between 4 & 6 layer is not that big if you're going to produce in huge quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back