Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Choosing High Side Or Low Side MOSFET Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

ismu

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Am going to design MOSFET based solar charger , So which type driver is more suitable , means high side [+Ve switching ] or Low side [-Ve Switching ] .

Depending on what configuration you will use. Please be more specific. Yosmany325

Hi
Low side switching will be more economical as high VDS Mosfet with greater currents are available with low RDSon in cheaper prices as compared to High side switching mosfets, I am posting here a scheme but don,t know that will it be possible to measure Battery voltage. I am also in search for the answer to go ahead after the confirmation of the measurement, hopefully someone here will through light on this problem here.
https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/7714316000_1391623326.png

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I forgot to mention is the ease of driving such configuration as the gate is referenced to the ground (0V).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back