Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Choosing FPGA trainer KIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly wasn't trying to trash Xilinx, there's a few things I like better (than Altera) about there product model and dev boards - more friendly to hobbyists (IMHO), but I do think the Altera IDE (Quartus II 10.1) is better. Maybe I didn't look deep enough. Does xilinx ISE have an Embedded 32 bit processor (NIOS II)? and an IDE to develope software for the processor (Eclipse)? Can you view the topology of the chip and see where it physicaly assigned the hardware? Do they have a virtual logic probe to view signal simulation at any point in the circuit(Micrium Uc probe)? These are just some of the things I value with Altera, and I really don't know if Xilinx has these features.

Well, as a matter of fact Xilinx have a 32-bit softcoreembedded processor which they call Microblaze and Xilinx EDK development suite to back it up.

HELLO,
I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME FINISH MY FPGA PROJECT.
CONTANCT ME ASAP.=>zmf1887@gmail.com
thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.