Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Choosing CEVA processor for hearing aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahaju

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I need to decide which CEVA DSP processor to use to incorporate in a digital hearing aid
But I am not sure how to choose the right one
**broken link removed**
This one seems to be the most popular one for hearing aids and it is the only one listed in the website that says one of its target market is hearing aids
How about the other processors? All the others are more advanced than this one; either they have more memory, require less silicon space or work at higher GHz speed, but non of them list hearing aid as one of their target markets. Would a digital hearing aid be too trivial an application for the other processors? How do I choose which one is the best one for me?

Also,
"Single-cycle 16x16-bit multiplier with double precision support"
Is this same as having 16/16 MAC (Multiply-Accumulate) support?

Also, what do these mean?

"1/2/4 32x32-bit multipliers
2/4 16x16-bit multipliers"

Thanks

--- EDIT ---
Also please see this
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/266061/#post1140802

Last edited:

I wonder for which reason you choose DSP of that company? You know exist a lot of companies who produce DSP for hearing aid.

this is the one most convenient for me in the current situation

Status
Not open for further replies.