Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

choice of port in CST for I-F antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

smiling84

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ifa antenna calculation

Hello,

I am a newbie in using CST MW studio.
I am trying to simulate a Inverted F antenna, and wanted to observe farfield distribution.
I created the antenna and 2 layer PCB which has 1 GND plane and 1 top plane and inbetween them filled with dielectric. Now, I connected the stub arm of IFA to GND plane of PCB.

Now I need to choose how to give excitation signal to second arm of IFantenna.
Is it better to use waveguide port? Or discrete port? (Is stripline is the only solution for IFA??)

If I use one of them, then where should I connect the other end of the port?

thanks alot in advance...

-- Hanu..

discrete lumped port is easier in this case. Find the point of the feed on IFA-arm and place a lumped port between that point and ground.

Okay.. thank you..
I will try it..

But as I understand, your solution is for Inverted-L antenna.. where I have only one horizontal plane and one vertical plane(stub) connected to ground. Then I need to place that discrete port b/n a point on horizontal plane and GND plane.

In the case of Inverted F antenna, I have another arm parallel to the stub of I-L antenna. which is in general termed as feeding element and not touches the GND plane..

Is there anyway to find correct feeding point in CST-MWS..

anyway, I will try it and come again...

thanks

smiling84 said:
Okay.. thank you..
I will try it..

But as I understand, your solution is for Inverted-L antenna..

not really. you have a short at one end of the IFA and find a position on the horizontal arm to place your discrete port or feed.

Is there anyway to find correct feeding point in CST-MWS..

I guess you know the calculation for IFA antenna design. However, you may need to do some trial and error for the length of the arm and the feeding point.

regards,
shameem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back