Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ChipScope ILA trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

omara007

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi folks

I would like to know the function of the ChipScope ILA trigger and how to use it ?

ILA trigger is just like a trigger in oscilloscope. Once the trigger condition is met it will start sampling(using the clock mapped to ILA) the data you want to monitor and show it on the chipscope window.

barath_87 said:
ILA trigger is just like a trigger in oscilloscope. Once the trigger condition is met it will start sampling(using the clock mapped to ILA) the data you want to monitor and show it on the chipscope window.

Can you give an example for that ? ..
Suppose I have a block that has an input async. reset, clock, enable and a data_in .. with a sole output of data_out .. how can I trigger this block ?

Say for example you set enable signal coming to your block as triggerr and want to monitor data_in. If a trigger condition of 1 is set in chipscope analyzer, then when a 1 is detected on enable pin, ILA will start sampling data_in signal, store it in the BRAM dedicated to it and display the contents of the BRAM on the chipscope analyzer.

Below link is the user manual for ILA

**broken link removed**

Thanks barath .. but how to set the number of BRAMs to be utilized here ? .. or it's invisible to the user ?

The number of BRAMs will be selected depending upon the number of data samples to be captured by chipscope. This will be done automatically by ILA core when data width and number of samples is selected.If you use cdc(chipscope definition file) it will give you more flexibility and visibility instead of manually instantiating ILA and ICON in your HDL.

Tutorial link for CDC

http://www.cosmiac.org/pdfs/tutorial11.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back