Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chip that measures or informs about current at consumption!

Status
Not open for further replies.

talexop

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear ALL,
I am searching for a chip to measure current. Do you think of any sollution that could help me?
I would prefer if this chip uses electrical field for the measurement and not being connected in series with the consumption. The measurement should be 0A-6A max.
I want to feed the microprocessor with this information. If this is a very expensive solution I would like to hear solutions that do not measure Aperes but just inform of the status of the consuption.... Like "you have ampere crossing" or "There are no ampere crossing"...

Thanks in Advance
Sorry for my English!

Thanos

Re: Chip that measures or informs about current at consumpti

AC or DC?
What frequency?
What voltage relative to microcontroller? (Sets requirement for insulation)

Sorry for not pointing out!
Well I want to measure AC 230V 50Hz

The uP works at 5V DC

Thanks!!

Re: Chip that measures or informs about current at consumpti

How about using a current transformer along with an ADC? A current t/f consists of loose loops of wire, in which a voltage is induced when current flows in the conductor that there loops are placed near. This voltage is used to measure the current.

This is very commonly used in situation where a huge current is to be measured.

The max ampere that I want to measure is around 5A. I have found the following links.. But I am not sure if these chips can withstand 230V. and 5A... Can you take a look?

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

http://www.lem.com/inet/datashee.nsf/0/ED6D5B62061AB068C1257130002B1E5D/$file/LTS+6-NP+E.pdf

**broken link removed**

Which one do you think better for my solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back