Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chip programmer on parallel port under win2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

lollobrigido

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've to make a system to program chips in series.
I've the software to drive the parallel port to program the uC.
This software run under win98 but not under win2000.
The question is: is there a program to unlock the use of some io port to a program for win2000?

thx
Lollo

yes

You can search on google with keyword "winio" or "winio.lib" or sth. like that. There is a toolkit "WinIO" that can do the Parallel port access under win2000.
NOTICE:
1. Only administrator can access the parallel port with that WinIO package.
2. Only Release version of your C code works, Debug doesn't.

Good luck!

attached you'll find GiveIO incl. a small batch for starting that driver. (Perhaps the path needs to be adjusted ...). I use that tool to access the parallel port under Win2k with an older JTAG-software written for Win9x. It works perfect (also with the debug-version) :)

Mik

h**p://darkfader.net/toolbox/files/GIVEIO.zip
h**p://www.zillenbiller.de/aircheck/giveio.zip
h**p://www.devrs.com/gba/files/giveio.zip

Hi,

If you code in Delphi or BCB you can use special device driver like willem uses. Try to look at willem's programming software at www.willem.org

Analyzer.

Status
Not open for further replies.