Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

chinese YWR-33 receiver schematic needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugen_E

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a small chinese radio, the YOKO World Band Receiver YWR-33 that covers almost all the broadcast bands: LW, MW, SW 5.9-15.8MHz, FM (it has a PLL synthesis with LCD display).

I have a problem with my YWR-33: I think the synthesis doesn't lock on the upper half of all the bands. For example the receiver tunes corectly in the interval 88-98MHz, but at higher frequencyes I hear a strange rumble and a station that is on 98.3. If I go to higher frequencyes the display shows the increasing frequency, but all I hear are rumble and the 98.3 station.
If the receiver is not powered for a long time - a week - when I turn it on it works for about 5 minutes corectly and after that the malfunction reapears. I suspected some capacitors because of the frequent malfunction, but I can't be sure.
Not having the schematic I started with checking the VCO control voltages, but as the YWR-33 is quite "crowded" I finally cut a wire that powers the LCD board and now the frequency is not displayed.
I know a chinese receiver schematic is hard to get, but I hope I will repair my YWR-33.
So, I want to ask you if you have an YWR-33 schematic, or some ideas about how it can be solved to post them. Thanks in advance.

I think the YOKO World Band Receiver YWR-33 is not made in china.

On the receiver box is written "4 band PLL receiver", "Made in CHINA".
So the YOKO YWR-33 is made in China.
I was unable to find any information on YOKO and their receivers on the net. Only some sale information on EBAY regarding some YOKO receivers and mp3 players.

Hi
I want to ask you again about the YWR-33 schematic.
If you have the schematic of this receiver or you seen it or used it I am interested in asking some questions. It seems I'm the only one who has this receiver :?: .

If you have the schematic please post it.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back