Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Child toy swing...converting from batteries to plug in

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunerider650

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey all im new to this forum, just looking for some help. We have this baby swing that takes 3, D cell batteries they are 4.5 volts all together. They fit into the swing just like remote control cars and such...a spring at one end that is the negative and the positive end at the other....could i attach wires to all 3 positive posts then connect them into one....do the same with the ground posts and then get a converter for the wall that goes to 4.5 v. Would it work?..i really don't see why not unless by connecting all the positives together it might effect something.

It should work, just need to make sure the wall adapter provides the current required for the toy.

Actually that will NOT work. The 3 batteries are in series which means that the negative end of the first battery is connected to the positive end of the second battery and the negative end of the second battery is connected to the positive end of the third battery. By connecting the 3 positive posts together and the 3 negative posts together you will have a dead short between positive and negative. The correct way is to locate the positive battery terminal that goes to the circuit, usually through an ON-OFF switch, and connect this to the positive terminal of your power supply. Find the negative battery terminal which goes to the circuit ground and connect this to the negative terminal of your power supply. Disregard the other battery terminals.

MikeOhio is correct, I didn't understand on the first place 3 wires to the 3 positive connections and other 3 wires to the negative.

It should be one wire to positive and one to negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back