aiturri

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
simple example in HFSS

Hi,

I´ve just begining to work with HFSS and I´m trying to simulate a simple metal strip. I´m not sure if it´s correctly designed, as the results are different from expected.
Could anyone have a look to the attached file and give me a hand?

thanks

regards

aiturri

Re: simple example in HFSS

hi
your design looks complicated. can you explain what you try to simulate?

I didnt understand why the ground plane is so large, any specific application? I assume it is microstrip line.
Best Regards.

I try to simulate a single metal strip (2.5 um thickness, 5 um wide, 300 um long) on a silicon substrate. I´ve always worked with momentum in RF applications, so, I´ve tried to copy the same structure with HFSS. As in momentum a ground plane is required, I thougt the same for HFSS. Is it too large???

Another question: could I change the wave ports for lumped ports????

Thank u so much!!!!

aiturri

it seems my assumption is correct. how is the simulation results? I didnt take care the exact size of ur model(ground,substrate, trace ,etc.), just a schematic construction of your model, and the wave port setting.
Definitely you can use lumped port, the results should be same with waveport except that lumped port can not provide the information of modes.
Best Regards,

Hi,
I will have alook on it and I will correct the model if necessary

rugby

Hi again,

could anyone tell me why I can´t define the integration line in the second port of the design (rectangle 2)?? I have had no problem to set the first one!!

thank u once more!!!

amaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…