Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Check my frequency meter design

Status
Not open for further replies.

pic-novato

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I built this frecuencimeter, but the input stage is very simple, i can`t adjust for diferent values of Frecuency, have somebody a better diagram.

Thanks in advance

frecuencimeter pic 16f84a

This input stage is enabling you to measure frequencies up to about 50MHz. Sensitivity is about 0.1Vpp. What is your problem?

test prescaler circuit

Hi Borber:

I try to adjust the x point to 5 v, but can't do it, only 4.2 v. I change for 1000 ohms preset.

I use this circuit to measure square signal, i built a circuit to give me signals from 1 Hz to 20 Mhz. But when i adjust the preset to read low frecuency (> 1 KHz) i can't read hi frecuency, and when i adjust for read hi frecuency (< 5 MHz) can't read low frecuency.

I can measure square signal with this input stage?

And i looking for a stage to 1 GHz using a prescaler.

Thanks

frecuencimeter projects

Change 470pF capacitor to 100pF.
Input stage up to 1GHz has no sense.

frecuencimeter pic

Thanks Borber, i will change the capacitor and test it.

Why you think has no sense put a prescaler in the entrance?

Please take a look this circuits. I know its a 64 or 256 prescaler, but i will modify the program.

frecuenciometer

Sory, I missed the word prescaller. Of cause it makes a sense to use it.

diagram frecuencimeter

I wanna ask something, if you simulate this circuit on electronic workbench, would a frequency sweep be a useful tool in checking the input stage of the device?

frekuenzmeter

Hi.. i'm writing from Venezuela.:! I've a little ask.. ¿Anybody of you has make a good frecuency meter that can measure low frecuencys (1-30000 Hz) until some one high like 5 Mhz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back