Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Chebyshev Filters - example

Status
Not open for further replies.

matusel

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody i'm studiing the Chebyshev Filters and i would like to know if someone can post an example of a third order Chebyshev Filter.

what is the frequency specification of your filter?

Just an example

19_1320437457.jpg

Ok thankyou very much I needed this example because I have a doubt. In my book they say that the amplitude of a cebyshev filter oscillates in the pass band but the question is, if the transfer function has just poles how can the module (bode plot) oscillate (see ripple) ?
To oscillate there should be also zeroes!! In the oscillation the poles move the amplitude down of 20dB and the zeroes move it up...what is my mistake?

figIIR8.png

A Chebyshev type I filter has only poles, one real and a complex pair in case of 3rd order. Your simplified assumption about relation of poles/zeros and magnitude characteristic doesn't aplly to complex pole pairs, I think.

Thank you FvM And there is no way/rules to draw a bode diagram of amplitude of a couple of complex poles ?

I think, you can't sketch the magnitude without considering the pole quality factor. Below is an example of a second order Cheybyshev, which represents basically one complex pole pair.

Thank I think I've finally undersood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back