Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cheapest way to make a pulsing LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonadgranny

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there folks. Was just wondering what might be the cheapest way to make an LED pulse. SO far the only way i know to do it anyway is by using an arduino with PMW which is great as there is a lot of control over the phase length etc. So i would go for an attiny85 which is about a quid. Still seems like a bit of an overkill so was wondering if anyone knew of a better way. There is also the factor of ease too. I don't want to have to spend too much time making a circuit as this would end up being more costly in the long run. thanks in advance. Dan.

Last edited by a moderator:

a) There are flashing leds (IC for pulsing inside LED structure) with specific frequence
b) NE555 (user selectable frequency of pulses)

Hi,

two bjt, some resistors and some capacitors. Astable multivibrator.

Klaus

I use two different kind of multi-color LEDs with the flashing and/or fading circuit inside. One of them slowly fades from one color to the next color and the other kind flashes the colors a few times quickly then fades them a few times slowly over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back