Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cheap replacement Yamaha DD-50 foot pedal found

Status
Not open for further replies.

stahodad

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a Yamaha DD-50 electronic drum kit. It works great but I didn't have the pedals for bass and Hi-Hat sounds. I plugged in a 1/4 stereo plug cable and checked it with a meter and found the "tip" is ground, The "ring" is +2.5 volts DC, and the "sleeve" is +5 volts DC. As luck would have it a neighbour was tossing a "rockband" drum kit (X box) and it came with a pedal. The pedal is High resistance until you push it down and it goes to 0 Ohms. I tested it with the drum kit and it does work (!). The only change is the 1/8" jack needs to be replaced with a stereo 1/4" plug. Install one wire to the "tip" and one to the "Sleeve" leaving the ring unconnected. I knew whatever I plugged in should not connect "tip" and "sleeve" together, but since it is working I'm happy. I just wanted to pass the info along. Cheers Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back