Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Cheap Jumpers from Ebay - Strong Smell

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiques

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I purchased some cheap jumpers from Ebay (from China). They are emitting a strong petroleum odor and I was wondering if this is something I should be worried about.

To give you an idea I'm aware of how Kerosene, Diesel and Gasoline smell. These wire smell as strong as all three mixed together.

Thanks for any opinions.

Jumpers?

As in a woolly jumper\cardigan type clothing or a wire link?

Try lighting one & see what happens.

You bought cheap Chinese junk from Ebay. You got what you paid for.
Instead, buy Name-Brand parts from a dependable local electronic parts distributor.

Jumpers?

As in a woolly jumper\cardigan type clothing or a wire link?

Try lighting one & see what happens.

Pin jumpers.
Good idea, it would be crazy if it ignited.
jumpers.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

You bought cheap Chinese junk from Ebay. You got what you paid for.
Instead, buy Name-Brand parts from a dependable local electronic parts distributor.

Yeah I know but the "dependable" parts distro sells me the exact same parts for 20x. Without the smell.
Everyone is trying to make a buck and survive, even the big players.

In your case I'd advise that you not use it (apply voltage) in case it catch fire and leave it outside for a while and see if the smell would go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back