Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cheap flow meter 0-25 lpm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadeit

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there a small, inexpensive sensor that can be connected to an 8mm tube and can measure the amount of gas passing through 1 to 25 liters per minute?
I don't need anything extra accurate
I just need to replace this something small with a digitally processable output

Place several photosensors alongside the column. The indicator rides up and down, darkening a sensor in turn. Determine which photosensor it is, convert to electronic value. Use 10 sensors and you can make a readout zero to 9.

1. LZQ-7 2-20l has a height of 120mm, the height of the device for which I need it is 70mm. The game over .
2. In general, if the scale you are serving is non-linear, the bottom m and the small resolution at the top is a large step. The flow of 2 or 3 liters is a difference of 50% and 19 or 20 of about 5%.
3. Even if I use photo transistors in SMD 1206, the real resolution will be 2.5 mm. With a scale length of 80mm, a resolution of 32 that's 5 bits. With great non linearity, that's not enough

LPM.png

Real hi resolution would be to use linear CCD array -

1610974546219.png

Thermal flowmeter - https://www.analog.com/media/en/tra...transducer-interfacing-handbook/Chapter13.pdf

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:

Yes we did not specify what is expensive
And yes, this is exactly expensive.
I know these flowmeters, but they are unnecessarily accurate for the given application and especially very expensive .
I need to measure the flow of argon, setting the amount is manually by a throttle valve, it's about the MCU to be able to check the flow and if it is out of range to start beeping .
The flow is set between say two to 4 and then between 6 and 8 and exceptionally 14 to 16 liters / min
As I said, 7 bit precision is enough for me, but I need to fit in $ 30
I thought I would find a small Chinese aperture flow meter with a differential pressure sensor, but I didn't find anything

Make your own pressure drop or Venturi nozzle flowmeter with a cheap differntial pressure sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.