Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Charging not rechargable lithium battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

monkeyman160

Charging lithium battery

Hi,

Do anyone know how not rechargable lithium battery behaves when it's charged?

Of course now someone writes that you shouldn't charge that kind of batteries but I think that there is no way to prevent that. There is always some kind of leagage currents (for example with diodes). And when expected lifetime of the device is long enough the charging amount may be quit significant.

What I know is that the charging amount should not exceed 3% of nominal capacity of the battery (with coin type batteries) over the lifetime. But what I don't know is what will happen when that is exceeded? I quess that the capacity of the battery will drop but how much? How quick?

Do anyone have some material of this topic?

Please help!!!

Hi monkeyman160

As far as I know it is critical if your "charging" current is higher than about 1/1000 of the capacity. The cell will got hot and can explode...
I've never heard that the leakage current of a diode (less than some uA) has caused such problems.

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back