Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CHARGE PUMP or rf -DC converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rengalakshmi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
i am designing RF ENERGY harvesting for IMD. for that i need RF-DC converter with input -0.1µw and output 1.5 v.if it is possible through charge pump(villard or dickson)

Your input signal level is almost nothing. Then if you find a circuit that does anything at such a low level then the output current at 1.5V will be nothing.

thank u for ur reply..k if input is -20dbm for that ie possible to produce 1.2 v output

If you apply your RF to a tuned circuit at a low impedance point (capacitive tap or tap on inductor) then you can get a transformer action and have more voltage across the tuned circuit then applied at the input. But the power is still the same. You will need the minimum of .4V RMS of RF to get a diode to conduct and produce DC.
Frank

thank you for your information...i need RF energy harvesting system for implantable medical device, can anyone give some idea related for that please....

Last edited:

if input is -20dbm for that ie possible to produce 1.2 v output

Much better now - before you claimed 0.1µW = -40dBm. -20dBm converts - @ 100% efficiency - to 8µA @ 1.2 V. If you can get enough input voltage - s. chuckey above - with a good MOS rectifier you could get one or a few microAmps @ 1.2V .

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.