Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Charge amplifier using opamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepakkev

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I am trying to simulate the circuit of an charge amplifier, but i am not finding a way to model a charge source.
The device that has to be interfaced is a transducer which outputs differential charge, but the data-sheet gives the output range to be 4.4uV to 5mV.How should I interpret this?
And the device i was planning to use is AD8620 is it suitable? :?:

deepakkev said:
Hi All,
I am trying to simulate the circuit of an charge amplifier, but i am not finding a way to model a charge source.
The device that has to be interfaced is a transducer which outputs differential charge, but the data-sheet gives the output range to be 4.4uV to 5mV.How should I interpret this?
And the device i was planning to use is AD8620 is it suitable? :?:

You could model the charge source as a current pulse generator coupled to the input via a small capacitor. As an example of a current pulse, a 160nA 1ns should inject 1000e- of charge to the input of your charge amp.

May i ask what kind of transducer is it?

I am not familiar with the AD8620, but previewing it, it looks like a good candidate (JFETs are so nice).

The transducer is an accelerometer

I am concerned because the offset of AD8620=100uV>4.4uV(input range) and is it advisable to use it with offset adjustment:?:

Status
Not open for further replies.