Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Characterization of schottky diode for rectenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

ice.deepcold

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HEllo,
I am trying to design a rectenna that resonates at 2.4GHz. I just got done building my microstrip patch antenna and all I'm missing is my rectifying circuit which consists of a diode and capacitor. I just bought a schottky diode (HSMS 282p) and I 'm trying to characterize it but I dont know where I should start from?
Does anybody have any papers that will teach me how to model or charaterize a diode? I really have no idea what I should be my first step

thank u very much

Below you can find more information about zero bias detectors using Schottky diodes, regarding parameters need to be measured as: voltage sensitivity, forward voltage characteristic, load resistance, reflection loss, etc.

**broken link removed**
http://www.hpl.hp.com/hpjournal/95dec/dec95a12.pdf

hi
these links don't work is there any other links that would help
thanks in advance

The best way to get real data is to do experiments. As you already have good Schottky diodes, mount them in the center of a half-wave dipole and take data when a small 2.45 GHz transmitter is active some 50-100 cm away from the dipole.

Rectenna detectors have specific problems in that the diode impedance varies with incident RF power, and also depends on load impedance. Most people use a DVM to detect the rectified voltage but the rectenna should deliver a DC power.
Most Schottky detectors have also a limiting RF input power, usually < 10 mW; then they reflect the incident power back.
In a rectenna you have a matrix of closely located detectors in dipoles or other antennas, and they mutually interact as the function of all above.
I have seen many simulations and thoughts but no really working design with any reasonable efficiency. Please let me know if you achieve an efficiency better than 10%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back