Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Changing voltage for SMPS By DAC without neg supply for OPAMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul GRIM

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am designing a programmable inverting smps.
the output of the smps will vary between o to -10V.
i chose this circuit (two OPAMP and DAC and Vref for varying my output)
inverter.PNG

but if i use this circuit, it is necessary to have negative supply for the second OPAMP.

Is it possible to return this programmable circuit without a negative supply ?

Thank you

Paul

I believe you can design a circuit that uses out_n to supply the OP(s). ADJ don't need to swing below this level.

Hi FvM,

Thank you for your answer.
but i have a remark, if i supply the opamp by the output voltage i inject many noise to my OPAMP.
2) the output voltage vary = supply OPAMP very !! (and the offset of OPAMP change !!)
3) is it possible to use an other solution for driving this inverter without negative supply ?

Thank's

Paul

if i supply the opamp by the output voltage i inject many noise to my OPAMP.

This trick can smooth the supply to your opamp. Install a resistor and extra smoothing capacitor.

2) the output voltage vary = supply OPAMP very !! (and the offset of OPAMP change !!)[/QUOTE]

If you want an unchanging supply voltage to the op amp, then a zener diode will do the job.

hi brad,

thank you for your answer

the output voltage vary = supply OPAMP vary !! (and the offset of OPAMP change !!)

Actually i havn't probleme in simulation, but in practical case i fear to have a bad surprise :thinker:

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.