Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Changing the Netlist in Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

knataraj

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

I need to add a save statement in the cadence netlist that will give me a direct plot of power dissipated. If I goto the netlist file and add this statement and run it using the analog artist GUI, the netlist goes back to its original state( save :pwr statement is not saved). Is there any other way to change the netlist and run the simulation in cadence? I am using the spectre simulator.

Thanks!

Krishna

The netlist is not read before generating a new one. If you want to save nongrafic selected properties you have to use the netlist. There is no forseen method to store hierachical properties in a textfile and reuse them for save. With the result browser you can plot these additional save results.

Hi knataraj,
You may modify the netlist and run the simulation in command-line mode. There is a command script in the simulation directory (runHspice for example). Just run that script in terminal window.

An alternate method to plot the power dissipation is to plot the currents. This do not need to modify the netlist.

Hi,
if you use analog design environment you can set the save options with
Outputs -> Save all... and then select Select power signals to output = all.
Now the save statement for power signals is included in the netlist and after the simulation it is accessible via result browser.

another way is to add the save statement for power signal mannulally in
the netlist and carry out a simulation in the terminal window (spectre netlist_name) like mentioned in a post before. thereby the file netlist_name must contain the netlist and the simulation instructions. the analog design environment creates a similar file called input.scs.

greetings,
hqqh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back