Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

changing the frequency of CPU by EIST

Status
Not open for further replies.

soltanloo

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i want to write a program that change the frequency of processor. i have a desktop computer with pentium 4 3.2GHz processor. i know EIST (Enhanced Intel Speed Step technology), but i don't know how must change the frequency of CPU .
i want to increase and decrease the frequency by step for example 200MHz . what registers i must initialize ? how can i access to datasheet of my CPU? i searched in intel site but i couldn't find detail about using EIST.
can anyone help me ?

best regards
soltanloo

i don't think you can change the processor speed on pentium 4

you can do this if your pc supports the overcloacking property . which is not present

in your cpu , it only exists in the Black Edition processors like :

AMD Phenom Quad core 9850 & 9950 . but you must be careful when you do this

hi
thank u mezo
but i change it by a software named RightMark CPU Clock Utility . it altered frequency from 3.2GHz to 2.4GHz . it means that my cpu have 2 step only . i must choose another cpu. but i want to learn changing frequency by software any time i need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back