Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

changes in Dynamic resistance of Schottky diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhatt_190487

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When the Rf power signal is applied to the Schottky diode,the dynamic resistance changes. It sometimes increases and then again decreases. I want to know why the dynamic resistance changes on increasing the RF power supply? Please help me. What is the relation of Power signal with the dynamic resistance change. the dynamic resistance depends on Dc current or Ac current?

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

the dynamic resistance depends on Dc current or Ac current?

It depends on the bias (DC) current.

Look into datasheet. There you may find a U-I chart where you can find our dynamic resistance.
Read the "definition" of dynamic resistance.

Klaus

Thank you for the reply.
The resistance decreases as the current increases...as per the graph.

Can you help me how can i relate the changes of schottky diode dynamic resistance with the increasing RF power level at low bias voltage and high bias voltage?

Hi,

Hiw can we help you?
We don't have diode type, nor datasheet, nor do we know the values of the currents...

In common :
Find the point where the bias current meets the graph. Draw a tangent at this point to the graph.
Find the rate dU/dI. This is the dynamic resistance.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back