Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

changes in design - IC Compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeStud

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
suppose i have finish place, clock tree and route stages.
but now i want to make a change in my design (for example - floorplan size),
should i run the whole flow all over again, or there are commands that update the changes.
thanks.

Not too much experience with ICC but usually you simply redo it all from the beginning

If you want to make a logical design changes as you go ahead but keep some portions of the IC the same. Your can try incremental design. I presume your using synopsys.

my question was about changing the floorplan..size for example, not logical changes..
and what do you mean " Your can try incremental design"?
and yes, i use Synopsys.
thanks.

If your floorplan change is only in one dimension, look at the modules which are to be modified and alter those alone for the new floorplan. You can fix the module floor plan and then add to it (incremental flow).

In the case you want to change both dimensions then you might as well redo everything.

I think you should redo every step no doubt.
because your design floorplan changed, so the pin locations and chip size changed, and the clock and timing changed, so you need redesign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back