Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Change PIC16f628A DIP to SMD type

Milenia

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. Im beginner in microntroller. I have assignment to change my PCB design from DIP type to SMD type.
My pcb and programming is OK my when using DIP type PIC16f628A. But, it have problem when I change from DIP to smd which is the programming result is not same with DIP. Longer time taken for SMD type like difference 3 minute when change to SMD.
Anyone know why it happens?

Hi,

makes no sense. DIP and SMD usually have the same silicon chip inisde.
There should be no difference in electrical values, nor timing, nor programming..

Klaus

Last edited:
There is 1 DIP package and 3 SMD packages - which if those 3 are you moving to?
If it is the SOIC the it should be pin-for-pin compatible m- See the 'Pin Diagrams' on page 4 of the data sheet.
If it is one of the other SMD packages then you will need to rearrange the PCB but at least the combination of signals on corresponding pins is the same.
Susan

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back