Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Change in HOSTID of the machine stopped Synopsys DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

omara007

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hostid pc flexlm

Hi folks ..

I have Synopsys DC installed on my machine .. but recently I have done some work to allow linux to connect to the wireless hot spot I'm having .. that resulted in changing the hostid of the machine from the ethernet card ID to the wireless card ID !!! .. I don't know how did that happen .. but anyhow, I discovered that when I ran (lmhostid) to find that the hostid has changed ..

As a result, Synopsys license is no more working as it was generated with the old hostid .. now, I want to know if there is a way to change the hostid back to the ethernet card ID ?? .. or to have multiple hostid's which you can switch among ?? ..

how to change system settings in lmtools

normally, all existing hostids on a machine are enumerated by flexlm, could be WLAN, Ethernet also BlueTooth. You should have LMTOOLS installed on your computer with FLEXLM, in the System Settings tab, it lists hostids and other unique properties that could potentially be used for license node-locking: Disk serials, CPU IDs and "Ethernet addresses". All properties shown here should be recocnized by license manager when referenced in a node-locked license.

flexlm id change

FvM said:
normally, all existing hostids on a machine are enumerated by flexlm, could be WLAN, Ethernet also BlueTooth. You should have LMTOOLS installed on your computer with FLEXLM, in the System Settings tab, it lists hostids and other unique properties that could potentially be used for license node-locking: Disk serials, CPU IDs and "Ethernet addresses". All properties shown here should be recocnized by license manager when referenced in a node-locked license.

I indeed have the LMTOOLS installed with FlexLM .. yet, I don't see them in the System Settings tab .. do you know which command should I use to list all the hostid's ? .. I tried using 'lmhostid' and it gave me only the WiFe hostid ..

wireless bluetooth flexlm

may be you can try command "ifconfig" with root,
then you can get all the mac address, key word is "HWaddr"

omara007 said:
FvM said:

I indeed have the LMTOOLS installed with FlexLM .. yet, I don't see them in the System Settings tab .. do you know which command should I use to list all the hostid's ? .. I tried using 'lmhostid' and it gave me only the WiFe hostid ..

flexlm spoof mac hostid

lovelyic said:
may be you can try command "ifconfig" with root,
then you can get all the mac address, key word is "HWaddr"

omara007 said:
FvM said:

My problem is not to find the MAC address of the NIC's I'm having on my PC .. the problem is that how to make one of them the active HOSTID .. so as when you issue (lmhostid) is directly shows ..

Status
Not open for further replies.