Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] cell library characterization

Status
Not open for further replies.

graphene

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
-- If LEF can be extracted from the tool using abstract/layout view , then what actually is the significance of it other than generating a format with some unworthy/not usable information to characterize a cell library ?

hai graphene

LEF is as important as it is used for the placement of all the standard cells and pins for the blocks

LEF gives the correct orientation and location and size of standard cells and blocks

thank you,,,,,, but is it in someway useful in cell characterization other than helping out in understanding the physical attributes ??
I wanted to characterize the cells I designed and create a library.... by any means is it essential to work out with LEF or just understand its significance and carry with .lib files?

hai friend

you are correct . there is no use of LEF for a cell library characterisation

hai Vimal.. so for a .lib file how do we identify the technology library file ?
can I assume that portion of files other than defining standard cells can be considered technology library file.. I am not clear with it.. any idea ??

Hi,
LEF files are just required to extract cell area from it and to be put into .lib files after characterizing the cell and putting data into .lib format.
If you are asking about tech lefs then they basically give the physical details about the metal layers. and if you are asking about .tlf (technology library file)format then it is just cadence library format like .lib for synopsys.
Correct me if m wrong.
Thanks,
Nitin

Thank you for the information about the role of LEF. I am not sure about the tlf files as such and I was wondering if LEF is something to do potentially with regards to cell characterization such as determining the values, etc. I understood its role with the above replies and thank you vimalraj205 and nitin kala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back