Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ceiling Fan Regulator for variable voltage control

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamanoorsai

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I am trying to implement 0-230V variable voltage control to my high voltage power supply. I am using a ceiling fan regulator to do the same. But I am not able to control the voltage. When I keep the regulator in off position, I am able to keep the power supply to the module switched off. However, when I turn on the knob, the voltage is maintained at 50W, even when I try to vary my knob from 0% to 100%.

I connected my power supply using the following link:

**broken link removed**

I connected the line of my power supply directly. I connected the neutral end to the regulator and the other end of the regulator to the neutral line. What could be the possible reason that I am not able to control the voltage?

if constructed the circuit then conect a 100watt bulb in series with the regulator vary
the pot . then also their is no dimming then their will be the fault on diac/triac

yamanoorsai said:
I am able to keep the power supply to the module switched off. However, when I turn on the knob, the voltage is maintained at 50W, even when I try to vary my knob from 0% to 100%.
These designs are generally implimented to chop the AC waveform eratically irrespectiive of the waveform. The reason of getting 50 volts at start up is due to biasing resistors arround the potentiometer (10K in your case). You may change the same and have a try. Basically these type of dimmers are not perfect dimmers to expect profesiional results. For getting accurate results the phase angle need to be controlled from 0 to 180 degrees.
Cheers.

HI ALL THIS IS SIMPLE METHOD TO USE 7805 AS VARIABLE VOLTGE REGULATOR WITH CONNECT VARIABLE RESISTOR(0 TO 5k) FROM PIN 2 TO GND THE OUT WILL BE 5V TO 22V WHEN YOU CHANGE THIS RESISTOR I USE PROTEUS 6.1 SP1 THANKS S 8O KART TO IMPLEMENT YOUR
ceiling fan

Status
Not open for further replies.