Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cdma downlink SNR clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

professorgr

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

Ive done it in the past (3-4years ago) but focusing on green perspectives + an 'old' mind trying to remember lead me to request some clarification on the types i am going to use.

Trying to calculate SIR in cdma network for downlink, using BS omnidirectional antennas, a simply scenario for voice service.

According to selected type of service we choose, p.e. voice, data rate, video etc we set the requested eb/no vaue (in dB). For voice we can set it to 5dB.

Proceesing gain: for voice acceptable data rate is around 12-13kbps so PG~=25dB.

Thermal noise Pn ~=-103dBm

Orthogonal factor a= 0.1-1.

Interferences: Icochannel: a*Pbs/pathloss, for every new user coming to our sector (BS antenna coverage)

Adjacent channel: Iadjacent: Pbs - pathloss(user,bs), for every new user coming to our cluster

First user gets only Themal noise so: ebn0 = PG + Pbs -pathloss - Pn

Second till end user: ebno = PG + Pbs - pathloss(user,bs) - (Pn + I)
where I = Ico-channel + Iadjacent

I am assuming something wrong? Do i forget something?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back