Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CCTV with microcontroller without any OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikashh

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Friends,
Can i connect a CCTV with microcontroller(LPC2368) without operating system. i want to collect CCTV data and collect it using microcontroller.later will send the data via GPRS to my remote server

Thanks for the reply.

it is really good idea ,i want the technique ,
do you mean only one channel ?
or how select the cahnnel ,is it from remote server ?
or else ?

what is the type of CCTV are you planning to use ??

Why connect it to a micro-controller ?? Are you making a school project ??

I suppose there are CCTV cameras that allow serial, but in any case these may be very rare to find, USB ones may be common, but then your mcu needs to be a USB host for achieving connectivity, this could be done using a USB host controller chip. So here again you need to do more research & identify the various CCTV cameras available in the market.

But if using a mcu is not a criteria, then probably you could use a software based solution that uses a standard PC, with Windows or Linux, connected to a USB webcam (probably a high resolution one), a control software could be made in VB or VB.NET that allows control of the webcam. Another option may be using a cheap digital camera with a USB connection, some digital cameras stream video data via USB, if hig resolution is needed then you could use such a camera.

If a desktop solution is not OK, then try out the BeagleBoard project (BeagleBoard.org - default), this is a small credit-card size fanless PC. The card has MMC/sdcard slot that functions as the primary disk system, USB ports, serial ports, Digital I/Os, VGA connector for monitor connection. The card just needs a +5V supply. You can connect standard peripherals like webcam, wifi dongle, GSM modem etc.

Here again you need to develop an application that collects data from the webcam, stores it on the SDcard, then streams it to a webserver via wifi or GSM modem.

hope this was helpful..

thanks
a

please follow the below link

**broken link removed**

thanks

great find. Yes it can be done with a mcu. It looks easy enough.

What about web connectivity ???

i know it won't be fast enough but atleast i would be able to capture a picture every 30 sec

Dear Friends,
Can i connect a CCTV with microcontroller(LPC2368) without operating system. i want to collect CCTV data and collect it using microcontroller.later will send the data via GPRS to my remote server

Thanks for the reply.

Connect TV with network, powerline adapter is a good choice. using it you can enjoy IPTV without openning new wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.