Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CCTV Cameras installation in commercial airline carriers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prashantakerkar

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is CCTV cameras installation permissible inside the commercial aircrafts at strategic locations such as cockpit, business class or economy class?

If not, why?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Privacy laws in some countries prevent surveillance unless everyone in the picture authorizes it. So from a practical point of view, it isn't worth it for commercial air companies. If only one person on board said 'no' they would not be able to fit them. The laws may be different in other countries.

I have been in on the flight deck of a 747 while over US air space and it was a condition of entry that I did not carry a camera or recording device of any kind. No reason was given but I suspect it was to minimize security risks.

Brian.

Thanks Brian.

Security in terms of electrical interference of CCTV cameras installation with other electrical/electronic devices in the aircraft will also be considered?

The CCTV recordings observed later will be fine ?

Which CCTV cameras would be preferred ? Wired or Wireless on a plane?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Last edited:

Whether cameras are allowed at all, even if they are to be recording for viewing later would be a decision of the airline company and would have to meet the regulations in their own country.

I would very much doubt that wireless cameras would be installed. Although the risk is very small, anything that radiates a signal is a potential risk to the aircraft on-board systems. Modern aircraft have sensitive electronic devices in them and also have a wide spectrum of radio links to the ground and back. An on-board transmission could be thousands of times stronger than signals received from air traffic control (think of the distance if the aircraft is over mid ocean) and could drown them out. Wired systems would always be preferred.

Brian.

The YouTube aviation channels which show cockpit videos, and there are many, appear to use GoPro or similar cameras.

I am sure that they require permission and waivers from both the airline and pilot’s union.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back