Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] CCS or MikroC Pro to Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

memarian

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to buy to a C Compiler for PIC/dsPIC chips. Currently i have to select between CCS PCWHD and MikroC Pro.my options are :

1) CCS PCWHD : 600$

2) MikroC Pro for PIC+ for dsPIC+Visual GLCD : 597$

so basically price is the same, CCS comes with a one month free update and MikroC Pro with a Year??(I'm not sure,sent an email to MikroElektronika to ask) plus MikroElektronika has GLCD.

Currently i like to buy Mikroc Pro Package (more Complete,better updates??), but i'm not sure if CCS is better compiler or not (better optimization? or bug free?).

Which of these is better? (or any other C Compiler in this price range?)

Thanks.

Both are equally good and anything you buy out of these two will be really helpful. But CCS will give you more professional approach.

---------- Post added at 11:14 ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 ----------

MiKro C gives options for more latest controller.

both are good. CCS and miko C will provide you all the examples for your project needs.
CCS does not have any ready made harware boards support.
i case of mikro C you can buy ready made harware boards for your projects. MikroElektronika got all the hardware boards along with the example codes.

Hi,
Thank you for your replies. I should say that i don't need to any hardware platform.
Both are equally good and anything you buy out of these two will be really helpful. But CCS will give you more professional approach.

What do you mean by "More Professional Approach"?

Then go for CCS. Its Very good. i am using it for last 2 years.

Hi,

I dont know your background, If you are a professional or student. What i mean is that CCS compilers are mostly used in companies. If you are using it, then i feel it might help you if you move across companies and are required to execute any projects. So they give professional approach, while The other is good for students who are learning and want to get aquainted to controller world and using compilers

Hi,

I dont know your background, If you are a professional or student. What i mean is that CCS compilers are mostly used in companies. If you are using it, then i feel it might help you if you move across companies and are required to execute any projects. So they give professional approach, while The other is good for students who are learning and want to get aquainted to controller world and using compilers

Hi,

Actually i'm familiar with C Programming and microcontrollers .i'm currently using Keil/SDCC for 8051 family( and in past 6~7 years). The reason that i want to buy this compiler/moving to PIC,is according to my current projects and special needs , i found PIC/dsPIC family are more useful for my current projects than new 8051 family branch from Dallas or Silicon Labs. So i decided to go with PIC/dsPIC Family.

Hello,
I feel you should use mikroC. I've used it, it is very good

Don't expect a compiler to be bug-free. CCS PCD surely isn't, but I fear, it's not better with the other candidates. C30, although not very user friendly, is probably the best in this regard. For CCS PCD, you can browse the CCS forum to get a feeling of present product state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back