Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CCP - capture problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemnath

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to measure 100 Hz to 6Khz frequency and display the value in LCD. I have completed the coding by using CCP - capture mode in PIC and the program executes well but the problem is, there is an error of about +/- 10Hz difference with my actual frequency. I want to reduce the error of about +/-2Hz. Im using 4Mhz external crystal. Is it possible to achieve? or do i have to increase my crystal?

name the pic device you are using..

also ext crystals tends to have slightly different freq. than rated one. you have to compensate with that, if you have oscilloscope measure the exact freq of your crystal

- - - Updated - - -

name the pic device you are using..

also ext crystals tends to have slightly different freq. than rated one. you have to compensate with that, if you have oscilloscope measure the exact freq of your crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.