Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CCD Camera through to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

daelliott1234

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm looking to create an underwater ROV. To that end, I'm investigating options when it comes to video and am currently reading posts on this subject to determine what I can do.

One solution that I think might work is a
CCD camera -> balun -> serial/Ethernet -> balun -> usb connector -> pc -> OpenCV software​
As I have no working knowledge of using balun or OpenCV, this would seem to work from what I have read.

If for instance, I went in a different way and interfaced with a MCU what would this look like?
My understanding is that if I want a decent resolution/frame rate, that I would need a 32 bit MCU or even possibly a FPGA. I'm a software developer by trade with some hardware experience. I'm not opposed to a hardware implementation and do like learning new things. I just need a push in the right direction.

Because the video will originate underwater, transmission of the video frame over a tether is a requirement. The other requirement is that I be able to view the video frame on a PC. Outside of that I am wide open on implementation regarding hardware/transmission/etc.

Could someone provide what that might look like? I realize there are different MCU/etc but something general like my example above would be a great start and something that I might be able to follow up on.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back