Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CC1101 : Receiving Junk Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

barryforever

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Im working on CC1101 TX & RX for some of my projects. I got this ELECHOUSE CC1101 library for Arduino which I managed to convert it to MSP430 compatible with IAR EW430. I tested the code with TX(MSP430) and received it with a ARduino UNO .Packet sent was 27 bytes (a to z) with null character at last and was able to receive the same in ARDUINO UNO through serial monitor.

But when I try to receive the same packet in MSP430F5529 I get 27 bytes received but all of them are junk.Upon re-inspection I found these are all ASCII but a(smaller case) corresponds to 0x61(HEX) and 97(DEC) but on the RX side I get 0x87(HEX) which corresponds to some special character ‡ 135(DEC) .

Initially I though I have to do some ascii to character conversion but upon investigating I found that all other 26 bytes ASCII values are not in continuous order.

I don't know whats the problem could somebody help me out

it may be due to the difference in baud rate between the two.
if you have already checked that then you must have some monitor to analyse the signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.